Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST
We are seeking a senior financial analyst to contribute to the success of Ionis by providing financial support to our clinical development organization and the finance team. The senior financial analyst position requires effective interpersonal skills,
leadership qualities, and the ability to build positive cross-functional business relationships. This position offers the opportunity to be in a “hands on” role within the finance team and contribute by providing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting
and reporting expertise, while at the same time serving as a liaison to and becoming knowledgeable of the operations of the functional groups being supported. The ideal financial analyst will have strong financial modeling capabilities, a strong systems orientation,
the ability to perform responsibilities within tight schedules, and an excellent working knowledge of finance and accounting practices in a corporate environment. This person must feel comfortable working closely with all levels in the organization and be
able to exercise sound judgment with appropriate weight given to the needs of the company and individual functions within the company.
- Provides financial support to operating and finance groups through financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis
- Creates, analyzes, and reports department financials to clinical development groups and finance leadership
- Coordinates with various levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare operating budgets and financial forecasts
- Develops and maintains financial reporting system through creation and maintenance of templates and reports
- Improves reporting and analysis efficiency by advancing both systems and business processes
- Supports month end close with specific focus on preparing and booking of clinical trial accruals
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial issues and prepares recommendations to inform senior management
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies and accounting theory
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts
- Performs special projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Discretion: The senior financial analyst exercises judgment to determine appropriate action, while taking into consideration implications to currently defined practices and policies. Expected to recommend, obtain approval and implement appropriate actions
outside of defined policies or precedent when necessary
- 7+ years relevant experience showing continued role development and increased responsibility. Accountancy/auditing background is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business. MBA and/or CMA/CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to be successful in an intense, entrepreneurial environment
- Life Sciences industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; willingness to accept responsibility for projects/processes and ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Excellent computer skills are essential, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task are essential
- Detail oriented, organized, analytical, dependable, and flexible
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0148
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.