Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is a development and commercialization company focused on impacting the lives of patients with serious cardiometabolic lipid disorders. Our priority is to bring important new therapeutics to patients in need. In order to do so, we
must drive clinical program execution, understand patient and physician needs and work with regulators to gain global approval and market access to these new therapeutics.
Established as a subsidiary of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in late 2014 and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akcea was founded with a portfolio of development-stage drugs covering multiple targets and disease states using advanced antisense therapeutics.
In July 2017, Akcea closed its initial public offering of common stock and is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “AKCA.”
The Program Management function at Akcea ensures that clinical and registration-stage programs are effectively pursued to minimize overall time duration and cost, while maximizing quality. Motivated by helping patients in serious need of therapies, we strive
to expedite development and commercialization to make new medicines available as soon as possible.
Associate Director, Program Management
Reporting to the Executive Director, Program Management, the Associate Director, Program Management will be responsible for building and managing cross-functionally integrated program and project timelines, tracking tools, and document management systems.
The candidate will actively communicate to facilitate resourcing, prioritization of critical path activities, and on-time completion of program deliverables. They will collaborate with Program leads and teams to ensure effective meetings, documentation of
decisions, and follow-up on action items. The successful candidate will foster collaborative and effective work and relationships among Akcea, Ionis, vendors, and partners.
- Ensure effective and timely communication to internal and external/alliance team members regarding project status, key milestones, timelines, budgets and key events.
- Build out integrated, project plans, including cross functional input and containing elements such as Gantt charts and resource plans, for clinical and registration-stage programs. Through this detailed operational planning, identify program risks and
- Track and communicate delivery of project related tasks and actions, following up with functional owners for completion.
- Highlight issues, especially those with the potential to impact critical path, enabling problem solving as soon as possible.
- In collaboration with program leads, develop meeting agendas, document and disseminate meeting actions and decisions, and maintain shared document repositories.
- Create team commitment and documentation trackers and keep these up-to-date.
- Support document preparation and management and administer document reviews, uploading final documents to shared systems. Schedule and facilitate roundtables and other discussions, as needed, and follow-up with owners for on-time delivery. Interface with
Medical Writing, Publishing, and other vendors, as needed.
- For critical program sub-teams, partner with area experts to define project activities, timing, and resourcing required. Facilitate outsourcing and financial management as needed.
- Analyze and/or model data and information, summarizing results to aid decision making.
- A Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, ideally in a Project Management, Clinical Development, Commercial, or Regulatory Affairs position.
- Demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to initiate, plan, and execute multiple projects and sub-projects with ease
- Expertise in use of project management and document tools and software solutions
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.akceatx.com, to apply for this position.
Reference Requisition #17-0074
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Akcea Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer