Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1600 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 28 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
The Informatics department is seeking a highly motivated individual to support our aggressive portfolio of technology solution implementations. The candidate will organize, plan and manage project tasks, timelines, budgets and resources for informatics projects
ranging from departmental to enterprise level. The candidate will lead cross-functional teams through the entire project lifecycle including development of business case, project initiation, requirements documentation, implementation and deployment following
the standard Informatics project management methodology. Additionally, the candidate will play a key role in supporting and evolving the Informatics project management methodology to meet growing demands for increasingly sophisticated solutions.
TEMPORARY PROJECT MANAGER
- Manage projects through the entire project management lifecycle including organizing, planning and managing project tasks, timelines, budget and resources for multiple projects in portfolio
- Manage multiple project streams simultaneously in a rapidly evolving, energetic life science organization
- Facilitate project collaboration amongst team members
- Track, report and manage project status
- Identify conflicts and issues and make recommendations for resolution
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Lead and facilitate organizational change management for successful project implementation
- Involve relevant stakeholders throughout the project duration
- Gather, create, track and maintain project documentation including project plans and deliverables
- Ensure consistent application of the Informatics project management methodology to enforce project standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATON REQUIREMENTS:
- Professional and collaborative
- Experience leading large, corporate-wide initiatives with budget over $1M lasting longer than a year
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Veeva Vault
- Effective communication abilities in both written and verbal form
- Strong organizational abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, science, technology or related field
- Two to five years related experience
- Experience in project administration for many concurrent projects
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies
- Life Science experience preferred
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0135
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.