Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
- Evaluate interactions of synthetic oligonucleotides with cell surface proteins
- Develop and implement biological and biochemical assays to support identification and validation of receptor-mediated uptake of therapeutic oligonucleotides
- Conduct independent studies to elucidate mechanisms of antisense oligonucleotide cellular activity
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related field with 2 or more years post-doctoral or work experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Have a strong background in cell biology and biochemistry, experience in receptor pharmacology and/or membrane protein biology, experience and comfort with assay development and associated techniques. Strong protein biochemistry experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an excellent track record of publications
- Have strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with teams and partners
- Have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit; has enthusiasm and vision about converting cutting-edge science into commercial applications
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Hands-on laboratory based effort will be expected
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #16-0055
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.