Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Development Chemistry Project Manager
As an individual contributor, the Development Chemistry Project Manager is responsible to effectively coordinate projects across Ionis functional boundaries and with our outside partners.
- Ensure effective and timely communication regarding project status, key milestones, timelines and key events to Development Chemistry department heads
- Follow up on the execution of the CMC aspects of projects per the CMC plans, which involves cross-department interactions and coordination of resources, activities, project schedules and identification of critical path activities
- Identify potential issues impacting or hindering execution of projects and pro-actively develop solutions
- Develop and maintain project timelines and "At a Glance" status documents
- Participate in cross-functional team discussions and in meetings with external collaboration partners to identify potential changes to project timeline and ensure communication to the necessary stakeholders
- Manage and communicate revisions to project plans
- Coordinate necessary tasks to ensure program work is completed within the required timeframes
- Record minutes and track assigned actions during meetings between Ionis and its collaboration partners. Follow up on action items to ensure activities are completed in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in a science field - chemistry, biology, or engineering for example
- A minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, ideally including at least 3 years full time project management experience
- Working knowledge of the drug development process and CMC responsibilities
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain successful relationships with internal and external team members
- Successful experience working with a broad range of functions including, analytical, quality assurance, pharmaceutical development, API manufacturing, finance and legal
- Excellent judgment: an ability to anticipate needs and meet them as well as to partner with senior management for decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to initiate, plan, and execute multiple projects and sub-projects with ease
- Expertise in use of project management tools or software solutions, particularly MS Project, SharePoint, Office and OneNote
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information on Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharm.com. Reference Requisition #17-0111
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be an EEO employers.