Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/DIRECTOR, TRANSLATIONAL PHARMACOLOGY/BIOMARKER DISCOVERY
The candidate will be responsible for building a new research team within the company. The team will work collaboratively with preclinical in vivo pharmacology, genomics, translational medicine and clinical teams to identify and validate pharmacodynamic
and disease progression biomarkers. The candidate will develop protein, nucleic acid and metabolite based biomarkers to support preclinical and clinical studies for systemic and centrally delivered antisense drugs. As a senior research leader in the company,
the candidate is expected to contribute to research and development strategies.
- The candidate should have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree with 6+ years postdoctoral experience
- Experience developing and validating high sensitivity protein assays
- Familiarity with GLP and regulatory guidance for qualifying biomarkers
- Familiarity with in vivo imaging methods
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of various statistical methods
- Strong team player
- Experience in cell signaling or gene pathway analysis highly desired
- Prior experience with Mass spectrometry and developing nucleic acid assays a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0098
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.