Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1600 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 28 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
TEMPORARY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Antisense Drug Discovery department seeks a temporary Research Associate to assist in the characterization of antisense oligonucleotide drug candidates
in vitro. In this position, the successful candidate will evaluate the effect of antisense oligonucleotides on the expression of specific transcripts in mammalian cells using an established protocol. Responsibilities include mammalian cell culture,
oligonucleotide transfection, RNA isolation, and quantitative RT-PCR. We are looking for careful individuals with strong attention to detail and experience in cellular and molecular biology. Applicants with at least 6 months of mammalian cell culture are
encouraged to apply.
- Mammalian cell culture
- Antisense oligonucleotide transfection/screening
- Purification of RNA from treated samples
- Quantification of target gene expression with qRT-PCR
- Analysis and presentation of data/results
- Further development and validation of experimental methods
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Biology or a related field
- At least 6 months mammalian cell culture experience
- Experience in a molecular and/or cellular biology laboratory
- Experience performing in vitro pharmacology studies
- The ability to be flexible as workload and priorities demand
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An excellent work ethic
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
For more information on Isis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
Reference Requisition #17-0001
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.