Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIST/ RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
This position will be in the Antisense Drug Discovery Group, working in the new Biomarker development functional group. This group supports the biomarker development for all therapeutic areas. We are seeking a technically proficient individual with a broad
base of skills, including working with RNA (RNA isolation, qPCR, library preparation) as well as protein-based assays (e.g. ELISA (both running and development). This is an individual contributor position that will initially be helping to establish protocols
for biomarker discovery, mainly working with RNA, with most of the work being performed in the laboratory setting.
- Hold a B.S. or M.S. degree in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience with standard RNA laboratory skills in academic or industry setting required (RNA isolation, library preparation for NGS, qPCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot new assays, and establish protocols
- Experience with ELISAs, flow cytometry and mass spectrometry preferred
- Ability to follow and understanding current literature. Understanding of human disease and how antisense drugs can help to treat these diseases. Work could involve handling animals, experience preferred
- Strong organization, written and communication skills
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 17-0099
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.