Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE-IN VIVO CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leader in antisense oligonucleotide research and drug discovery, is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate in the field of cardiovascular physiology to join the Antisense Drug Discovery team. This position is responsible
for the execution of in vivo studies utilizing a range of rodent cardiovascular and renal disease models. A successful candidate will be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Key efforts will be directed at conducting
rodent studies, performing assays and analyzing data to support drug development for the treatment of heart failure and chronic kidney diseases.
- BS/MS in Biology, Physiology, Biochemistry, or a comparable biological science
- Minimum of 3 years of academic/industrial laboratory experience, preferably in cardiovascular physiology
- Experience with rodent microsurgeries (vessel cannulation, LAD ligation, and transverse aortic constriction) and echocardiography preferred
- Experience with standard laboratory assays such as DNA/RNA extraction, real-time PCR, ELISA, FACS and Western blotting
- Well experienced with rats and mice, e.g. breeding, handling, compound administration (IV, PO, IP and SC), organ and blood collection, necropsy
- Proficient in data entry and analyses using tools such as Excel/Prism/SigmaPlot
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0182
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.