Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
We are seeking a Director, Corporate Communications to execute communications strategy which positively positions Ionis through enhancing and strengthening the corporate brand and reputation. The candidate will proactively plan and manage media relations
including press releases, media inquiries, and proactive/reactive statements while working closely and collaboratively with the investor relations team. This individual will strategically mediate risks and successfully manage issues impacting Ionis’ reputation
and brand. In conjunction with the investor relations team, s/he will continuously construct the financial narrative to match our achievements and company milestones to positively influence investors and drive share price. Ultimately, the Director, Corporate
Communications will develop and elevate Ionis’ narrative through clear, concise communications delivered through a multitude of channels to key stakeholders.
- Drive Business Impact through Effective PR and Stakeholder Management
- Implement PR programs to highlight Ionis’ technology, pipeline, and business model with trade and consumer media, patients, and other key audiences
- Execute impactful PR programs to educate the market and patients about new therapies, creating competitive advantage and increasing share of voice in line with the company´s business priorities
- Anticipate, prepare, and manage issues in close alignment with investor relations and other key personnel
- Effectively use channels including social media to support business objectives; serve as catalyst for new ideas and programs
- Develop effective strategies to garner interest of top tier business and consumer media
- Develop and implement impactful internal and executive communications campaigns to inspire and drive employee engagement
- Create and implement communications strategies to support major change initiatives and organizational development strategies
- Effectively manage external agencies and suppliers to achieve communication goals
DESIRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Ability to function effectively with senior management, using professional judgment in the framework of Ionis’ culture
- Potential to demonstrate excellent understanding of Ionis’ strategic direction, competitive differentiators, key technologies and product platforms, as well as the ability to communicate these to a wide audience
- Creative and strategic self-starter with the proven ability to develop and execute plans in both a timely and effective manner
- Scientific or medical education or the ability to understand and communicate scientific concepts based on prior industry position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, and/or Marketing
- Significant related professional experience in communications or related environment; biotech/pharma experience preferred
- 5+ years of corporate communications management experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; the ability to work with and influence internal and external audiences
- Knowledge of financial and media communications in the biotech/pharma industry
- Strong organization and project management skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
- Able to travel approximately 20%
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0068
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.