Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIST, OLIGONUCLEOTIDE SYNTHESIS
We are looking for a motivated and creative scientist to join our oligonucleotide/medicinal chemistry groups. Duties include production of synthetic oligonucleotides, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation. The successful candidate has
the ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines and time schedules. May research and implement new methods and technologies to enhance operations. Other duties as assigned.
- Hold a Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in a lab environment
- Experience with automated equipment, peptide or oligonucleotide synthesis is a plus
- Experience with HPLC systems
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and possess an excellent work ethic
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 17-0097
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.