Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have threeapproved drugs,
and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Temporary Department Administrator
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is looking for a Temporary Department Administrator to support multiple department individuals (and their department functional areas as needed). The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range
of administrative support related tasks, including technical tasks; must be well organized and flexible. This individual must be able to function effectively and independently in a variety of roles within a dynamic, interrogative and fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will report to Vice President of Clinical Development and be a key member of the team to ensure demanding schedules, conflicting priorities and communication are managed effectively. The candidate will organize and streamline operations
to ensure optimal effectiveness. The position will offer the ability to work closely with an experienced and tightknit biotech team.
- Assist Clinical Development team members with their daily, quarterly and annual scheduled duties, to include materials and setup
- Arrange meetings and conference calls including coordinating all meeting logistics
- Manage and treat highly confidential information professionally and in accordance with expectation of the company
- Anticipate needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support each individual in addressing these issues
- Maintain records and follow procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of docments
- Follow abstract/presentation deadlines and conference dates to make sure individuals are aware of upcoming events/deadlines
- Assist in creating a Publication, presentation and materials as instruction processes require for submissions
- Receive and interact with visitors, new hires and caterers
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Maintain collaborative interactions with administrative team
- Maintain positive relationships with external administrative partners
- Back up coverage of reception as needed
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience supporting senior executives in an interrogative environment
- A tenacious yet flexible problem-solver with an ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Effectively manages up, as well as laterally and lower in the organization
- Critical thinker who operates independently while demonstrating good judgment, an ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Consistently delivers a high quantity of high quality work
- Resilient, open and adaptable to change; embraces feedback
- Team player, who fosters collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage activities and schedules of multiple executives with no supervision and maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through to ensure outstanding execution
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills exhibiting patience, respect and grace under pressure
- Share information openly with co-workers and cross functional teams (transparent)
- Display a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Biotech experience preferred, yet not required
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position;
reference requisition #18-0209
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.