Ionis is a dynamic company that offers a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management through project team meetings and seminar presentations. We promote independent
thinking and afford unique opportunities for motivated individuals. We are committed to encouraging students who have an interest in science to pursue their interest by providing opportunities for exposure in a scientific focused business and culture.
Students work under a practicing professional who provides guidance and mentorship during the internship program.
Summer Intern – Neuroscience Drug Delivery
We are currently looking for a summer intern for 2019 to assist in our Neuroscience Drug Discovery department with a project in targeted ASO delivery. In addition to learning about ASO technology and the central nervous system, the intern will also learn
about novel methods to achieve targeted drug delivery in rodent models. The intern will gain hands-on experience with many techniques including RNA isolation, RT-PCR, fluorescent in-situ hybridization and rodent brain histology. The environment will afford
the opportunity to work in a team environment within a fast-paced and successful drug discovery unit.
- Paid positions
- Designed to complement a student’s undergraduate studies with relevant, hands-on industry experience
- End of program project presentations
- Housing assistance available for eligible, out-of-state interns
- Activities and team building events
- MUST have a High School Diploma or GED
- MUST be currently enrolled entering Junior or Senior year in a U.S. Undergraduate Degree Program and not graduating prior to the completion of the Ionis internship
- MUST be able to begin internship between 6/04/2019 and 6/11/2019
- MUST be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40-hour work week
- MUST be able and willing to remain in program through at least 8/16/2019
- MUST have 1 year of prior wet-bench laboratory experience
- MUST be pursuing a degree in biology, physiology, neuroscience, biomedical sciences or a related discipline
- Record of outstanding academic performance (GPA >3.5)
- Prior course work in biology, genetics, cell biology and neuroscience desired
- We are looking for an individual who is driven, motivated, adaptable, curious and works well as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interested in pursuing an advanced degree in biomedical sciences, healthcare or research/biotechnology
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS
February 16, 2019. PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER RELEVANT TO POSITION APPLYING FOR. THE EVALUATION PROCESS MAY COMMNECE PRIOR TO THIS DEADLINE.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.