Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, NEUROSCIENCE DRUG DISCOVERY
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the Neuroscience Drug Discovery team at Ionis Pharmaceuticals. The individual hired for this position will work to build a new drug discovery program targeting neural circuits that regulate
food-intake and contribute to monogenic obesity.
- Hold a Ph.D. in Neuroscience or Cell Biology
- Three to five years of prior experience in an academic postdoctoral position or industry setting
- Expertise in hypothalamic neural circuit structure in rodents is required
- Prior experience studying the role of novel genes in neural circuits pertaining to feeding behaviors and obesity is desired
- Strong record of first author publications in competitive journals
- Demonstrated record of independence in experimental design, execution of wet-bench laboratory techniques and experimental interpretation
- Experience with small rodent surgeries, mammalian brain histology, immunohistochemistry, RNA isolation/qPCR, molecular biology, confocal microscopy
- Ability to follow and understand current literature and develop creative uses for antisense oligonucleotides to address central mechanisms of obesity
- Strong organization and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0123
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.