Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Post Doctoral Fellow
We are seeking a highly motivated and outstanding individual to join our Core Antisense Research group as a Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will work within a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative research team to evaluate antisense oligonucleotide
(ASO)-protein interactions, using biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology techniques.
- Master existing, and aid in future development of, technologies to study ASO-protein interactions
- Design and execute studies to investigate how ASO-protein interacts and how chemical modifications of ASOs affect such interactions
- Develop assays to evaluate the biological and pharmacological consequences of ASO-protein interactions
- Develop, implement and execute the research of cellular models to inform on the molecular mechanisms of chemical modifications on ASO subcellular distribution and protein interactions in mammalian cells and tissues
- Analyze, present, and publish research data
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry with a focus on protein-nucleic acid interactions
- Current knowledge of the fields of RNA biology, nucleic acid-protein interactions, and post-translational modifications
- Proven tracking record of performing laboratory techniques used in nucleic acid-protein interactions in cells and in vitro including ChIP-Seq, RIP-Seq, CLIP-Seq, and EMSA.
- Extensive experience with confocal microscopy is essential; prior experience with super-resolution microscopy is strongly preferred
- Track record of innovative research and scientific publications
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive technology development and research goals
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0031
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.