Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
TEMPORARY PURCHASING SPECIALIST
We are seeking a high energy, multi-tasking individual to support our Purchasing team with processing requisitions, placing purchase orders, adding new vendors to Great Plains/Coupa, and other purchasing duties as directed.
- Process purchase requisitions and place purchase orders in the Coupa (software) procure to pay system.
- Provide support to Coupa users to ensure orders are processed and delivered.
- Set up new vendors in Great Plains and Coupa and file appropriate documentation.
- Work with Shipping/Receiving as necessary to resolve 3-way match issues so invoices can be paid.
- Follow-up with vendors regarding late deliveries and/or order processing errors.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with corporate credit card administration activities.
- Assist Accounts Payable with invoicing issues that involve order discrepancies.
- Minimum two years hands on experience using a procure to pay system in a purchasing role for a company. Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with procure to pay systems/processes.
- High school graduate required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Customer service oriented individual with a bias to act.
- Detail and process oriented approach to work.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve procure to pay issues with support from manager, if necessary.
- Purchasing course work, training, and/or certifications a plus.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #18-0106
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.