Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a motivated and versatile individual to join our Manufacturing group in an individual contributor, bench Scientist position. The successful candidate will work closely with other scientists in an interdisciplinary team environment to help
optimize our solid-phase oligonucleotide manufacturing process, to make improvements to the synthesis of small molecules that make up our supply chain, and to aid in analytical investigations. The candidate should possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication
skills, and a demonstrated record of success in a chemical laboratory setting.
- Optimize manufacturing and purification processes for the solid-phase synthesis of oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide conjugates
- Investigate raw material and process-related impurities
- Design and optimize supply chain processes
- Aid in technology transfer to CMOs and partners
- Participate in interdisciplinary project teams
- Support research and development collaborations with Ionis’ partners
- Present research to various audiences
- Author and review research reports
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering. New graduates with the required experience are encouraged to apply
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with standard analytical techniques such as HPLC, LCMS, and NMR
- Direct experience with a broad range of synthetic and purification techniques
- Experience in solid-phase synthesis or polymer chemistry a plus
- Experience with statistics or DOE a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Flexibility with job duties in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # 17-0115
Please include a cover letter with your CV.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.