Ionis is a dynamic company that offers a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management through project team meetings and seminar presentations. We promote independent
thinking and afford unique opportunities for motivated individuals. We are committed to encouraging students who have an interest in science to pursue their interest by providing opportunities for exposure in a scientific focused business and culture.
Students work under a practicing professional who provides guidance and mentorship during the internship program.
Summer Intern – Pulmonary Fibrosis Research Associate
We are currently looking for a summer intern for 2019 to assist in our Antisense Drug Discovery department with a project in validating candidate genes for Pulmonary Fibrosis. The intern will learn about testing ASOs in human primary cells and animal disease
models. The intern will learn multiple in vitro and in vivo techniques, including cell culture, handling and dosing of mice, RNA extraction, real time RT-PCR and immunostaining.
- Paid positions
- Designed to complement a student’s undergraduate studies with relevant, hands-on industry experience
- End of program project presentations
- Housing assistance available for eligible, out-of-state interns
- Activities and team building events
- MUST have a High School Diploma or GED
- MUST be currently enrolled in a U.S. Undergraduate Degree Program and not graduating prior to the completion of the Ionis internship
- MUST be able to begin internship between 6/04/2019 and 6/11/2019
- MUST be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40-hour work week
- MUST be able and willing to remain in program through at least 8/16/2019
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS February 16, 2019. PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER RELEVANT TO POSITION APPLYING FOR. THE EVALUATION PROCESS MAY COMMNECE PRIOR TO THIS DEADLINE.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.