Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIFIC SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SUMMARY: Ionis is seeking an experienced and self-motivated full-stack software developer to work as part of the Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics team. The selected candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary and highly innovative team designing
and implementing tools to support our drug discovery research efforts. Work will include development of federated data-storage and indexing solutions, development of data-responsive web-UIs, and building of visualization tools for the interrogation of complex
biological and chemical data.
- Develop tools for various research teams that help medicinal chemists, biologists and computational biologists better capture and leverage in-house and external data in their research.
- Co-manage AWS development operations, including continuous development tools like Sonatype, Nexus repository, Jenkins, load-balancing and others.
- Enhance institutional data search and access using tools like RESTful API’s,Solr, and other “big-data” solutions.
- Work directly with end-users to troubleshoot and/or design and prioritize feature enhancements to existing tools.
- Lead technical meetings on new technologies and code-reviews.
- Experience developing applications and web-services in Java and Python
- Both SQL and NoSQL experience
- Strong linux systems-administration skills.
- Experience deploying services using AWS services and Docker
- Familiarity with data-responsive visualization tools like Plotly and D3.
- Experience with bioinformatics and genomics is desired but not required
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0066.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.