Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials. Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees.
We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, CORE ANTISENSE RESEARCH
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, dedicated to furthering science, to join our Core Antisense Research team as a Scientist, Research Associate, or Senior Research Associate, depending on qualifications. Summary: The qualified candidate will be
involved in studies on understanding the mechanisms of how antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) drugs work in cells and in animals. The long-term goal is to design better antisense drugs and to develop new technologies related to antisense- mediated gene expression
Under supervision, the incumbent will be involved in:
- Investigation of cellular processes potentially affecting ASO activities
- Characterization of proteins regarding their effects on ASO activity and subcellular localization, using in vitro and in vivo systems
- Mechanistic study about ASO-mediated upregulation of gene expression
- Conducting experiments, data recording and analysis, figure and slide preparation for publication and presentation
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or MS Degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular biology, or Biochemistry, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience preferred. Willing to adjust level of position based on level of experience
- Experience with commonly used cell and molecular biology and biochemistry technologies, such as: cell culture, RNA/DNA/Protein preparation, gene cloning and plasmid construction, RNA-related experiments (e.g., qRT-PCR, Northern), subcellular fractionation,
RNA/DNA-protein interaction, southern analysis, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence staining, and enzymatic analysis; Small animal handling experience is required
- Ability to learn new techniques and to critically interpret experimental results
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced, intense work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent salary and benefits package offered. Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 19-0013
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.