Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
We are seeking a positive, energetic, and self-motivated individual for the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in our Core Antisense Research group. The selected candidate will work within a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative research
team to evaluate antisense oligonucleotide (ASO)-protein interactions.
- Application of different cell, molecular, and biochemical tools and techniques to study ASO-protein interactions in vitro and in vivo systems
- Perform in vivo study procedures including dosing (SC, IP, IV), blood collections, and necropsy as needed for projects
- Assist with designing and troubleshooting experiments and controls
- Analyze results and summarize findings in reports and periodic oral presentations
- Maintain experimental records
- A BS or MS degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry with 3+ years’ experience in nucleic acid and protein biochemistry
- Laboratory hands-on experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, western analysis, immunoprecipitation, RNP complex immunoprecipitation, ELISA, molecular cloning, protein expression and purification, and cell/tissue culture
- Prior in vivo experience with small animal handling desired
- Ability to implement and organize complex protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot molecular techniques
- Strong understanding of statistical significance, replicates, and controls
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0033
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.