Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery
and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently
have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing
together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Accounts Payable Lead
Our Finance team is looking for a detail oriented Accounts Payable Lead with excellent communication skills to perform all accounts payable (“AP”) functions, develop, implement and maintain AP policies and procedures, and provide general accounting support
to the finance team. The ideal candidate will be someone who can provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers while managing a high volume of daily AP transactions. The candidate should be a self starter with the initiative
to continuously improve processes, demonstrate strong attention to detail and easily shift between daily transaction processing, monthly tasks, and special projects.
- Responsible for all AP transactions and processes, including directing the team workload and provide necessary training and support
- Manage and process a high volume of accounts payable invoices and ensure that invoices are processed accurately and timely
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to improve AP processing and performance
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, including reconciling vendor statements
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment and/or invoice issues
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of weekly check runs, wire and credit card payments in accordance with approved payment schedule
- Perform the month end close activities, which include monthly general ledger reconciliations, accruals and AP research
- Process Concur travel and expense employee reimbursements
- Respond to request from internal and external auditors
- Ensure adherence to controls, policies, procedures, and SOX controls
- Ensure timely annual reporting of Form 1099s
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- 10 + years directly relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, management, and external customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Team-player that can organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Financial systems, Great Plains strongly preferred
- Public company experience a plus
- Prior experience with cloud based automated AP processing system and Concur a plus
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # 16-0050
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.