Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical
need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are
not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of
our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Our Finance team is looking for a detail oriented Accounting Clerk with excellent communication skills to perform accounts payable and provide general accounting assistance to the finance department. In
this role, the Accounting Clerk will manage a high volume of daily accounts payable transactions and also will be responsible for a number of general accounting tasks. The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in a fast paced environment, build
collaborative relationships, and easily shift between daily transaction processing, monthly tasks, and special projects.
- Manage high volume of accounts payable invoices and ensure that invoices are processed accurately and timely
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment and/or invoice issues
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, including reconciling vendor statements
- Process weekly accounts payable check runs
- Monitor accounts payable transaction processes in an automated system and suggest process improvements
- Perform general accounting support tasks, such as maintaining accounting transaction logs, researching transactions, and completing reconciliations
- Assist with month end close activities and special accounting projects
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years directly relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, management, and external customers
- Team-player able to organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in using Great Plains, Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Experience with cloud based AP automation tool a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # 16-0050
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.