Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (BS/MS)- LEAD IDENTIFICATION GROUP, ANTISENSE DRUG DISCOVERY
The Antisense Drug Discovery department seeks a Research Associate (BS/MS) to join the lead identification team in the discovery of antisense inhibitors against novel gene targets. In this position, the successful candidate will evaluate the effect
of antisense oligonucleotides on the expression of specific transcripts, characterize lead inhibitors as well as examine the cellular mechanisms that contribute to oligonucleotide activity in mammalian cells. Primary responsibilities include mammalian cell
culture, oligonucleotide transfection, RNA processing, and protein-based assays (i.e ELISA). We are seeking highly motivated individuals with strong attention to detail, who are technically proficient in cellular and molecular biology and who possess strong
- Mammalian cell culture (primary and immortalized).
- Antisense oligonucleotide transfection.
- RNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, library preparation for NGS.
- Validation and execution of cell-based assays such as ELISAs and flow cytometry.
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data/results.
- Development, optimization, validation and troubleshooting of experimental methods.
- Performs experiments with minimal guidance and prepares summary of results for review and interpretation.
- B.S. with 2-5 years of experience or M.S. with 0-3 years of experience in Biology or a related field.
- The ability to be productive and successful in an intense, fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to work occasional weekends as workload and priorities demand.
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture is required.
- Demonstrated experience with ELISAs both in development, validation and execution is required.
- Extensive experience with RNA processing and handling including but not limited to, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR and NGS library preparation is required.
- Proven ability to analyze experimental data and effectively explain conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot unexpected data and design follow-on experiments.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 17-0080
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.