Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and outstanding individual to join our Antisense Drug Discovery group as a Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will work within a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative research team to investigate mechanisms governing
mitochondrial homeostasis using antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs). The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to work independently to conceptualize, implement and meticulously carry out experiments using tissue culture and animal
models. This position offers a unique opportunity to conduct experiments in a rich drug discovery environment and produce original research for publication.
- A Ph.D. degree in the life sciences
- Strong background in cell biology; expertise in mitochondrial biology is highly desirable
- Experience with immunofluorescence microscopy and quantitative image analysis
- Essential laboratory skills include tissue culture, qPCR, western blotting and common molecular biology techniques
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a track record of independent productive research, have strong organizational, written, and verbal skills, and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team
- Please include a CV, cover letter, and list of three references in your application
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference Requisition #17-0270
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – PRINCIPALS ONLY
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.