Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
ONCOLOGY SENIOR SCIENTIST
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Scientist in our Oncology Drug Discovery group. The successful candidate will be a strategic member of a fast-paced and interactive research group evaluating novel
antisense cancer drugs.
- Conception, planning, design, execution and troubleshooting of experiments to support preclinical validation of antisense compounds and their transition into clinical development
- Evaluation and characterization of pharmacological responses to antisense compounds in various in vitro and in vivo cancer systems
- Application of different genetic, molecular biology and biochemical tools to evaluate oncogenic pathways modulation and study mechanisms of drug action
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Molecular or Cell Biology
- Completion of an oncology Post Doc program of at least 2 years
- Attractive track record of innovative oncology research demonstrated by number of publications in peer-reviewed journals based on authorship order
- In-depth knowledge of molecular and cellular biology of cancer is essential
- Experience with animal handling is required
- Experience with in vivo oncology models (GEMMs, chemically-induced, xenografts and PDX models) is highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge in tumor microenvironment and proficiency in FACS
- Experience in analyzing genomic data
- Proactive scientist who can function both as an independent researcher as well as member within multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and GraphPad
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #18-0002
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.