Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies.
Our mission is focused on transforming the lives of patients with serious, rare disease and bringing important new therapeutics to patients in need. Ionis’ commercial subsidiary is focused on a late-stage rare disease drug that is currently under regulatory
review in the US and EU and the company may include additional development programs in other rare disease indications by end of 2018.
CANADA COUNTRY HEAD
Will be responsible for the successful commercialization in Canada, and post-commercialization management of inotersen to treat hATTR, a devastating, progressive and fatal disease. Inotersen is currently under regulatory review for marketing authorization
in the U.S. and EU.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Managing full P&L for Canada
- Developing region-level budget and launch plan through commercialization
- Achieving financial targets and other launch metrics
- Providing Canadian perspective to all aspects of the business – supply chain, forecasting, branding, development planning etc.
- Proactively communicating with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Program Management, Sales, Commercial Ops, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Preclinical, Legal, PR/IR, Market Access, Clinical Operations, internal communication) and external stakeholders
(e.g., Alliance partners, medical societies) to identify, plan, develop and/or revise project deliverables which are identified for product or launch success
- Tracking and monitoring progress of execution against plan (KPIs and the like)
- Supporting strategic commercial initiatives, including such activities as commercial forecast modeling, market planning etc.
- Developing strategies for relationships with KOLs, medical societies and local congress
- Adapting global marketing and medical strategies and tactics for local execution
- Developing a comprehensive disease awareness plan by adapting global strategies for disease awareness to region-level tactics
- Developing and beginning execution of strategies to ensure optimal market access, pricing and reimbursement in the region, including evaluation of and access to innovative access models for rare disease drugs including country launch sequence strategy
- Scoping and hiring a cross-functional team to support success
- 15 years’ experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals, including work with orphan or ultra-orphan products
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technology and/or advanced degree in a related field (business, technology, or science)
- Experienced commercial leadership in the region including marketing, sales and access responsibility
- Prior country or regional level management experience a plus
- Able to drive performance in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Comfortable working concurrently in multiple countries
- Superior written and verbal communication in English
- Self-directed, working with a great deal of autonomy
- Highly effective at managing time and resources
- Travel 40% - this position requires significant travel within Canada as well as to headquarters in the United States and other markets, for activities including medical congresses and KOL engagement
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0167
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.