Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
DIRECTOR, COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
The Director, Competitive Intelligence (CI) supports strategic efforts by providing objective, in-depth, and actionable intelligence about current and future market and competitive forces as they relate to the current and future Ionis drug development pipeline.
S/he acts as a strategic advisor to senior management and franchises with deep expertise in current and future competitive drivers in the marketplace as well as functional expertise in how to use competitive intelligence to inform strategies.
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint of potential disruptive forces and pending market and competitive drivers, based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of healthcare dynamics, commercial, clinical and scientific competitive information
- Lead CI strategy within specified therapeutic area(s) to ensure franchise teams have actionable intelligence and understanding of relevant competitors and competitive landscape, and translate CI deliverables into business implications that inform near and
- Drive and execute CI plan by leading the collection of CI from secondary and primary sources, and synthesizing and disseminating intelligence and associated implications
- Coordinate, plan and execute company-wide CI activities at scientific conferences and consolidate and report back critical findings and implications
- Act as CI expert, demonstrating awareness and understanding of appropriate CI applications and key internal and external data/information sources
- Partner across the organization to incorporate clinical, medical and regulatory perspectives that inform CI viewpoint and implications
- Ensure all CI activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree required (life science or related degree is a plus). MBA or related graduate degree is preferred. (Masters or PhD in life science discipline is a plus).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharma/biotech industry in a commercial or clinical role; and/or management consulting experience, with at least 5 years’ experience in competitive intelligence
- Ability to interact effectively with and present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position.
Reference Requisition #18-0007.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.