Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER, RECEPTOR BIOLOGY
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to establish new techniques to identify cell surface receptors that can be targeted for ligand conjugated antisense oligonucleotide delivery. Using receptor targeting approaches we have improved
selective delivery of antisense therapeutics to liver and pancreas. Research findings from this position will increase our understanding of antisense oligonucleotide uptake pathways and aid in the development of drug designs to improve delivery to a specific
tissue, including the central nervous system. The selected candidate will become an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists in the Ionis neuroscience and experimental pharmacokinetics groups. Information about this program can be found online
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or neuroscience with a focus on cell surface receptor biology
- Proven track record of productivity and innovative research, including a minimum of one publication in a top tier scientific journal
- Proficient in molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy including TIRF/STORM imaging technology, Western blotting, FACS/flow cytometry
- Experience with receptor protein domain engineering, site-directed mutagenesis and tagging highly desired
- Experience studying receptor trafficking dynamics, receptor/ligand interactions, and protein structural modeling are also encouraged
- Public speaking experience evidenced by seminars and conference participation
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take risks
- Outstanding organizational, communication and team skills
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0271
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.