Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Assistant Director of Finance
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Finance to contribute to the success of Ionis by providing financial support to the development departments and the finance team. The Assistant Director of Finance position requires effective interpersonal skills,
leadership qualities, and the ability to build positive cross-functional business relationships. This position offers the opportunity to be a senior member within the finance team and contribute by providing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
expertise, while at the same time serving as a liaison to and becoming knowledgeable of the operations of the functional groups being supported. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling capabilities, a strong systems orientation, the ability
to perform responsibilities within tight schedules, and an excellent working knowledge of finance and accounting practices in a corporate environment. This person must feel comfortable working closely with all levels in the organization and be able to exercise
sound judgment with appropriate weight given to the needs of the company and individual functions within the company.
- Supports various development departments through financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Provides support in relation to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes, including hands-on preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Develops and maintains various financial templates / reports
- Provide explanations of monthly variances versus expectations
- Identify opportunities to drive improvement in the areas of accruals, analysis and reporting by leveraging systems and other resources
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies and accounting theory
- Performs special projects as required
- 7+ years relevant experience showing continued role development and increased responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- MBA or CPA designation preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to be successful in an intense, entrepreneurial environment
- Life Sciences industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; willingness to accept responsibility for projects/processes and ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Excellent computer skills are essential, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task are essential
- Detail oriented, organized, analytical, dependable & flexible
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # 17-0010
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.