||Director, Clinical Diagnostic Specialists
DIRECTOR, CLINICAL DIAGNOSTIC SPECIALISTS
The Director will lead the Clinical Diagnostic Specialist team and provide key clinical leadership across the country to support commercial goals and objectives.
The Director will lead the national build-out and management of a specialty, rare-disease-focused field sales team, and will be accountable for achieving or exceeding national revenue goals and managing the team’s budget. This is a front-line leadership
role accountable for building & leading a national, field-based sales team and managing all operational performance targets/metrics for the team. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the professional growth and development of team members.
Collaboration will also be critical as this individual will be a key member of the cross-functional US commercial leadership team.
This is a field-based position which requires approximately 50 – 70% domestic travel.
- Develop, lead and achieve regional revenue and budget goals
- Hire, train, motivate, develop and lead a team of Clinical Diagnostic Specialists to execute diagnostic strategies for the region including, but not limited to, account management, appropriate resource utilization and overall performance management
- Lead the Diagnostic Specialist team to develop diagnostic key opinion leaders (diagnostic KOLs); generate KOL/key-account adoption of diagnostic pathways; facilitate KOL-led educational events at local/regional level to support Rare Disease Specialist (RDS)
business plans including hospital grand rounds, multi-disciplinary programs, medical society meetings, journal clubs, other local educational events; facilitate development of diagnostic-pathway adoption with fellows/residents programs including early identification
of potential diagnostic KOLs within fellows/residents groups
- Design and implement regional strategic plans to drive appropriate patient diagnosis and treatment
- Actively contribute to overall success of the franchise as a member of the US leadership team
- Develop strategies at the Director level for patient-centric teamwork, cooperative partnership, and collaborative communication to facilitate execution between Diagnostic Specialists and other field-based commercial teams (RDSs, Clinical Nurse Educators,
National Accounts/Access) as well as field-based medical teams, case management, and hub-specialty pharmacy partners
- Develop strategies for relationships with medical experts and regional and local medical societies (relevant areas may include neurology, cardiology and hematology)
- Define and monitor performance metrics and maintain accountability for the region
- Identify, develop and direct training needs of the team
- Conduct regular field visits and business reviews with Diagnostic Specialist team in order to support continuous improvement, optimal performance and career development interest/needs of the team
- Manage and adhere to all company policies and administrative requirements assigned to sales leadership position
- Other activities as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals, sales, marketing and/or payer leadership roles, including a minimum of 3 years in sales leadership
- Demonstrated experience effectively coaching/implementing Diagnostic Pathways
- Experience within relevant therapeutic area or rare diseases required
- Demonstrated product launch and/or organizational start-up experience
- Expertise in hiring and team building
- Experience managing Regional/National budgets and achieving sales targets
- Proven experience in development of direct reports
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Proven leadership abilities, including the ability to inspire team members and direct reports
- High level of interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and ability to inspire
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.
||Send This Job to a Friend