Ionis is a dynamic company that offers a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management through project team meetings and seminar presentations. We promote independent
thinking and afford unique opportunities for motivated individuals. We are committed to encouraging students to pursue their interest in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry by providing opportunities for exposure to a scientific-focused business and culture.
Our Intern Program offers students an opportunity to work and learn in a variety of settings to supplement classroom instruction.
In addition, the internship program allows students to grow both professionally and personally through interactions with research and business professionals in support of projects aligned with department initiatives. Students will learn and work under a
practicing professional who will provide guidance and mentorship.
Summer Intern – Finance
We are currently looking for a summer intern for 2019 to assist in our Finance department. The summer intern will support our program valuation efforts through financial metrics, model building and proposing recommendations. In addition to learning about
Finance operation and program valuation the summer intern will also gain exposure to the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry as well as the drug development process.
- Paid positions
- Designed to complement a student’s undergraduate and/or master’s studies with relevant, hands-on industry experience
- End of program project presentations
- Activities and team building events
- MUST be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program and maintaining student status throughout the internship
- MUST be able to begin internship between 6/04/2019 and 6/11/2019
- MUST be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40-hour work week
- MUST be able and willing to remain in program through at least 8/16/2019
- MUST provide self-transportation and housing for the duration of the program
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on specific projects
- Strong communication and writing skills
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS
February 16, 2019. PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER RELEVANT TO POSITION APPLYING FOR. THE EVALUATION PROCESS MAY COMMNECE PRIOR TO THIS DEADLINE.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.