Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1300 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 27 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Senior Clinical Supplies Manager
Summary: This is an exempt, individual contributor position. Incumbent is responsible for providing comprehensive information about clinical supplies and ensuring continuous supply of clinical trial material for all ongoing studies. Also ensures on time startup of
new studies by having supplies available as required. In addition, responsible for managing clinical packaging, distribution contractors, and providing oversight to other staff as needed.
- Review protocols and designs appropriate supply chain strategy
- Create and revise Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Design specifications for automated randomization and drug supply management systems
- Oversee a variety of logistics issues, including but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, import-export, shipment of products and third party warehousing
- Identify key stakeholders within CMC and clinical project teams to ensure on time availability of drug supplies
- Lead process improvement efforts and may develop specific department plans and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field
- Minimum of 9-10 years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related medical field
- In depth knowledge of clinical supplies, pharmaceutical technology and computer systems (Excel, Word) is required
- Must work independently under cGMPs and SOPs
- Proven interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Adept at solving complex problems in creative and effective ways
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0063
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.