Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Temporary Publications Clerk
Perform various clerical duties specific to the corporate publications database, including entering data to update and maintain the database, notifying authors of deadlines and performing article retrievals. Works independently, receiving minimal detailed
supervision and guidance. Complex questions are referred to the supervisor.
- Uses data entry skills to update and maintain database(s).
- Edits database records according to the System’s procedures and practices.
- Reviews and assesses information determining the appropriate manner of entry into the database.
- Applies procedures to enter/transfer information for journals and meetings from a remote webpages and databases to the System's database.
- Contacts authors to resolve specific issues, as needed, by phone, in person or email.
- Maintains good communications with co-workers concerning work issues, author concerns, and schedules.
- Identifies complex problems and refers them to the supervisor for resolution and direction.
- Assists supervisor by creating reports from database (ie a summary log of submitted meeting abstracts).
Must be able to operate personal computer including email, Microsoft Office and software related to databases; copier; and telephone system.
Hours worked: 12-16/week depending on school scheduleand and Ionis' needs.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #18-0138
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.