Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is dedicated to furthering the science to join our Core Antisense Research team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate.
Incumbent will participate in studies on the understanding of the mechanisms of how antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) drugs work in cells and in animals, with a long-term goal to design better antisense drugs and to develop new technologies to regulate gene
expression using ASOs.
- Investigation of cellular processes potentially affecting ASO activities.
- Characterization of proteins or intracellular trafficking pathways regarding their effects on ASO activity and subcellular localization, using in vitro and in vivo systems.
- Mechanistic study on ASO-mediated regulation of gene expression.
- Conducting experiments; data recording, analysis, and presentation; figure and slide preparation for publication and presentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience. Title will be aligned with experience. Industry experience preferred.
- Solid experience with commonly used cell and molecular biology, and biochemistry technologies, such as cell culture, transfection, RNA/DNA/Protein preparation and analysis, construction, qRT-PCR, subcellular fractionation, ELISA, western, immunoprecipitation,
immunofluorescence staining, confocal microscope imaging, protein expression and purification, and handling of small animals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to critically interpret experimental results and ability of problem solving.
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced, intense work environment.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0260
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.