Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
DIRECTOR, ALLIANCE MANAGEMENT
The Director of Alliance Management will be assigned to lead one or more alliances that may include programs ranging from early stage research to late stage development or commercialized products. The person filling this role must be assertive and able to
lead without direct authority to problem-solve collaboration and program issues with cross-functional teams. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to drive issues to resolution are required. The Director of Alliance Management
will play a key leadership role on her/his program team to ensure that Ionis’ alliances achieve company financial and performance objectives. Related business development experience would be beneficial.
MORE SPECIFICALLY THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensuring all Ionis Pharmaceuticals business objectives related to assigned alliances are achieved
- Organizing and leading successful joint governance committee and project team meetings
- Establishing trust and effective relationships with partner company between key team members
- Ensuring roles, responsibilities, and obligations are understood and maintained throughout the duration of each alliance
- Partnering with finance to ensure accurate forecasting of financial milestones
- Partnering with corporate communications and investor relations for internal and external messaging related to programs and timing of public disclosures
- Partnering with legal and senior management to effectively resolve alliance issues
- Potentially expanding current alliance to new programs, therapeutic areas, or renegotiating current terms
- Advanced degree required (MBA, MS, or PhD)
- At least 8-10 years of alliance management experience in R&D and commercial alliances; additional experience in R&D, business development, project management, sales, or marketing is beneficial
- Demonstrated strong oral presentation and written communication skills are a must
- Track record of managing significant projects that are material to the company with a broad range of functions including R&D, business development, corporate communications/investor relations, finance and legal
- Demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain relationships with senior executives internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and deal with information at a variety of levels on many projects
- Excellent judgment: an ability to make decisions independently and to know when it’s appropriate to partner with senior management for decision making
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 17-0105
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.