Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1300 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 27 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
DRUG DISCOVERY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE—IMMUNO-ONCOLOGY
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in the Ionis Oncology Group. The successful candidate will be a member of a fast-paced and interactive research group evaluating
novel antisense drugs for our immuno-oncology program. This position requires an energetic and motivated scientist with proven experience in experimental immunology and oncology.
- Contribute to the drug discovery program targeting various cell types of the tumor microenvironment (TME).
- Evaluate and characterize pharmacological responses to antisense compounds in various in vivo syngeneic tumor models.
- Organize and perform pre-study activities (e.g. planning, protocol development, animal and reagent ordering).
- Perform in vivo study procedures including formulations, dosing (SC, IP, IV), tumor cell inoculation, blood collections, tumor measurements and necropsy.
- Use standard molecular and cell biology techniques to characterize various immune cells within lymphoid tissues and tumor microenvironment (e.g. qRT-PCR, immunoblot, ELISA, flow cytometry).
- Analyze, organize and present results in meetings.
- Survey relevant literature for effective tumor model development, experimental design, and troubleshooting.
- BS/MS in Immunology, Cell, Cancer biology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo work is required (dosing (SC, IP, IV), blood collections and necropsy). Familiarity with oncology models (syngeneic, xenograft) is highly desired.
- Solid experience with immunological assays such as flow cytometry and immune cell isolation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with general techniques such as RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, protein isolation, western blot, ELISA, tissue/cell culture is highly desired.
- Experience with relevant software tools such as Prism, FlowJo, FACSDiva, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to analyze and communicate scientific findings.
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment.
- Additional Skills/Preferences:
- Ability to travel for training and/or conferences.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #16-0023
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.