Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Scientific/Medical Writer and Copy Editor
- College Degree in Science or Math
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Prior experience in formatting scientific publications and presentations
- High proficiency in usage of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- High proficiency in usage of web-based literature search engines, such as NCBI PubMed
- Prior experience with reference management software, such as EndNote
Please state your preference for part or full-time in your cover letter. If part-time, please specify how many hours per week and any schedule requirements. Work Location is Ionis HQ office in Carlsbad, CA. Remote work option not available.
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition #18-0130
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.