Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs
with more than 1300 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 27 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SUMMARY: Incumbent will provide scientific and technical leadership within the Ionis research program. Will have leadership and management responsibility for the histology laboratory which is involved in the evaluation of a broad range
of drug discovery and basic research activities. Expected to identify, develop and evaluate new histological techniques and laboratory methods. Expected to contribute strategically and tactically to all department activities.
- Contribute to the Antisense Research team and its quest to answer scientific questions
- Drive the implementation of new methodologies and new techniques
- Effectively manage a team of histologists in accordance with Ionis expectations that demand high performance
- Establish collaborations with specific laboratories
- Collaborate with Ionis and external investigators conducting investigative studies with drug candidates
- Schedule all studies through the laboratory to ensure they are processed in a timely manner, paying attention to the appropriate project schedules and deadlines
- Oversee the quality of work produced. Ensure efficient and high quality output.
- Keep abreast of current literature and new methods applicable to the laboratory
- Work with the scientific and bioinformatics teams to implement a histology laboratory information and data management system
- Maintain a “state-of-the-art” histology laboratory including the development and application of new histology and bio-imaging methods
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in a life science discipline OR MD OR DVM
- ASCP H.T. Certification with knowledge and experience in most critical phases of histology. A M.S. is desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in histology within a CRO, the pharmaceutical industry, or a related setting
- Excellent technical and leadership skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with investigators
- Experience in Bio-Imaging techniques is desirable
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #16-0004
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.