Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
GMP Facilities Technician
This position will perform all functions related to the corrective/preventative maintenance of a cGMP facility that includes clean rooms, labs, and office areas. This work may include but is not limited to AHU’s, exhaust fans, air compressors, chillers,
steam and hot water boilers, various types of pumps, emergency generators, fan coils, packaged HVAC units, water treatment, high purity water systems, drywall repair, painting, and general cleaning. Additionally, the GMP Facilities Technician will need to
be able to perform trouble-shooting tasks, plan reading, building controls (Siemens and Metasys), and be
able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that pertain to each piece of equipment. This position is a full time, non-supervisory, position requiring overtime and the ability and willingness to respond to emergency calls. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday
from 8:30am to 5pm. No relocation provided.
- Troubleshoot a variety of equipment problems
- Follow SOPs and complete technical documentation for work
- Work with specialized outside vendors
- Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and work from OEM manuals
- Walk, climb, carry and lift a minimum of 50 pounds; may have to crawl to complete assignments
- Work on facility and manufacturing systems as needed while following SOP guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a biotech setting. cGMP experience preferred.
- Ability to think independently to determine best course of action
- Ability to follow SOPs
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and respond to emergency calls
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Successfully work independently and in a team setting
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition # 17-0013
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.