Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Assistant / Associate Director, Analytical Development and Quality Control
Seeking an experienced Ph.D. chemist to join our Analytical Development and Quality Control group at the Assistant / Associate Director level. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of GMP methods at external laboratories, as
well as development and validation of analytical methods for quality and process control purposes. The candidate will be an expert in a broad range of analytical techniques, possess a strong work ethic, good communication skills and have demonstrated a record
of working in a GMP environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in method development and quality control
- Excellent knowledge of standard analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC and LCMS
- Experience with spectroscopic techniques, e.g. NIR, FT-IR, Raman, NMR
- Knowledge of GMP requirements
- Excellent scientific, technical and critical thinking skills
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys the challenge of problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be successful in a team environment
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #13-0021
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.