Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Principal Research Pathologist
Seeking an Investigational Research Pathologist to join our growing Research & Drug Discovery organization. Incumbent will be an innovative leader at Ionis and will work closely with lab scientists, Franchise Leaders, and Senior Executives to advance the
Ionis Drug Discovery platform.
- Develop a state-of-the-art pathology & histology program
- Develop new methodologies for research and drug discovery investigation
- Provide effective leadership to the histology group
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- MD or PhD with post-doctoral research in a relevant discipline
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) Board Certification in anatomic pathology strongly desired
- 6+ years of industry experience with strong achievement record
- Ability to critically evaluate and interpret experimental results and implement to research initiatives based on experience and published literature
- Ability to work independently, build productive cross-functional collaborations, and multi-task
- Demonstrated strong management skills
- Strong working knowledge of state-of-the-art database tools and tools necessary to effectively query literature and public databases
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0038
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.