Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense
drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved
drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets
into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our drug discovery research group as a Senior Scientist. The selected candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of energetic researchers. The successful candidate will be an innovative
thinker with the ability to work independently to conceptualize, design and meticulously carry out in vitro and in vivo assays.
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent in life science with 3-5 years postdoctoral training
- Attractive track record of innovative research and scientific publications in areas of liver diseases
- Proven hands-on experience with liver disease animal models including diabetes, NASH, fibrosis and cirrhosis is essential
- Strong knowledge in molecular biology/biochemistry is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #17-0034
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.