Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located north of San Diego in the city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases using antisense technology. Over the years, we have become the industry leader in antisense
drug development with a pipeline of nearly 30 drugs (developed by Ionis and its partners).
Ionis is a challenging, motivating, and rewarding work environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 25 years, and our success depends on our outstanding employees. We are interested
in bringing together exceptional individuals with different skill sets to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop your career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, PROCESS CHEMISTRY
We are seeking a motivated and versatile Chemist to join our Process Organic Chemistry group at the Senior Scientist level. The successful candidate will work closely with other scientists in an interdisciplinary team environment to help optimize our solid-phase
oligonucleotide manufacturing process, to make improvements to the synthesis of small molecules that make up our supply chain, and to aid in analytical investigations. The candidate should possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a
demonstrated record of success in a chemical laboratory setting.
- Optimize manufacturing and purification processes for the solid-phase synthesis of oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide conjugates.
- Investigate raw material and process-related impurities.
- Design and optimize supply chain processes.
- Aid in technology transfer to CMOs and partners.
- Participate in interdisciplinary project teams.
- Support research and development collaborations with Ionis’ partners.
- Present research to various audiences.
- Author and review research reports.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or related field with >2 years’ relevant post-doctorate experience
- A demonstrated record of achievement (patents, publications, etc.)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with standard analytical techniques such as HPLC, LCMS, and NMR
- Direct experience with a broad range of synthetic and purification techniques
- Experience in solid-phase synthesis or polymer chemistry a plus
- Experience with statistics or DOE a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Flexibility with job duties in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered
For more information on Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website,
Reference Requisition 17-0064. Please include a cover letter with your CV.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.