||INNOVIM is seeking a systems engineer to serve on a team representing the National Weather Service (NWS). The successful candidate will lead coordination activities between the program management offices of NWS systems and the NESDIS/Environmental Satellite
Processing Center (ESPC) Product Distribution and Access (PDA) subsystem to ensure that NWS systems prepare for data receipt and exploitation of new environmental satellite data.
Working out of NOAA headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, coordination activities will include facilitating meetings to negotiate and work through all aspects of data distribution between the two major systems. Work will include the definition of the interface
between NWS systems and PDA, facilitating meetings to define data distribution architectures, facilitating working meetings to configure network and systems necessary for data transfer, analyze technical alternatives, review documents, develop schedule, document
issues, develop budgetary estimates, maintain artifacts, and provide formal bi-weekly status updates.
||• Knowledge of data distribution architectures, systems and file transfer protocols
• Familiarity with interface definition, development and testing (Interface Requirements Specification, Interface Control Documents, etc.)
• Successful track record of technical negotiations about large complex systems
• Able to lead the coordination of large projects between diverse groups
• Project planning, project management and documentation of risks and issues
• Intermediate knowledge of Visio
• Self-starter who meets deadlines
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of test planning and procedures development
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
• BS/BA degree in a technical discipline or related area with 4-6 years of related work experience
• Familiarity with the NOAA and NWS environment
• Familiarity with environmental weather products and metadata
• Familiarity with web services specifically OGC
• Expert in spreadsheet and database design and automation including interface into Google Docs
• Familiarity with application development environments (scripts, google apps, etc.)
• Familiarity with software and database development lifecycle
• Ability to quickly understand other IT disciplines and adapt
Qualified Candidate must be able to meet requirements for a government NACI clearance screening. US Citizenship preferred as this worksite is at a government site and requires credentials to access a government network
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
||Send This Job to a Friend