||Test Engineer - Space Systems
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a talented systems test engineer is needed on its EED EOSDIS Evolution and Development team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions.
As a member of the EED team, software engineers will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic
Specifically, this opening is for an engineer on the Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team and associated client user interfaces. The CMR system is a highly responsive system allowing for sub-second response queries across hundreds of millions of data records.
It responds to over 2 million queries each week from around the world. It has two premier clients, the Earthdata Search Client (https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov) and the Metadata Management Tool (https://mmt.earthdata.nasa.gov).
The team is in need of a systems engineer to focus on:
• Testing API level capabilities using the REST protocol
• Executing manual testing of the Earthdata Search Client and MMT
• Helping developers improve the usability of the systems they are building
EED is committed to using agile development practices and a devops approach on its high performing teams. As such, engineers are expected to be self-starters and participate in all aspects of the system development lifecycle. Additionally, engineers are encouraged
to regularly suggest improvements to EED processes and tools in order to make our products better and our work more efficient.
||• Up to 2 years of experience developing or testing enterprise level systems
• Experience with manual testing of user interfaces and backend applications
• Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
• Experience with the REST protocol
• Experience with the Linux OS and server side scripting languages.
• Understanding of good usability practices
• Ability to work as a member of small team using the Scrum development methodology
• Proponent of continuous improvement and willingness to bring new ideas to the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable with open communications and varied collaboration tools.
• Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
• Earth Science, GIS and/or remote sensing domain knowledge
• Experience using browser debugging tools
• Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend