||Software Developer, Mid-Level
||INNOVIM, LLC seeks a Software Developer to support a NASA program participating in the maintenance and evolution of the EOSDIS ECS system. The system ingests, distributes, and stores on-line earth science data and is operational at 3 NASA Data Centers.
This system runs on a Linux platform and is implemented largely in Java and C++. The underlying databases are PostgreSQL and Oracle.
The candidate will support development of custom code and integration of COTS software for current, future, and past releases of the software, including support to multiple subsystem components. The candidate shall perform design, development, integration,
and test in support of software deliveries.
The Developer will work on NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS, providing end-to-end capabilities for managing Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite
missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
• As a member of the team you will participate in the re-design and development of a web-based system, including requirement gathering and estimation.
• Develop tests for use in automated test frameworks, including unit and functional tests.
• Comply with various project standards and requirements of the company as well as the customer and legal requirements of (SEC-508).
• Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
||A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of directly applicable work experience in supporting development and sustainment of a large system in a Linux environment; 8 years is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience writing Database applications using SQL, Java or C++, and a RDBMS procedure language is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, or shell scripts is desired.
• Experience with writing and maintaining software documentation is required.
Required Education (including Major): B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
• ECS/EMD Project experience a plus.
• Experience in integration of large complex systems desired.
• Experience with PostgreSQL RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, Selenium, Tomcat, TestTrack Pro, and Sun Java System Web Server a plus.
• Two years of team or technical leadership is preferred.
This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend