||Cloud Engineer - NASA
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a talented Cloud engineer to join its EOSDIS Evolution and Development team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions.
As a member of the EED team, software engineers will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic
Specifically, this opening is for a cloud operations engineer on the Common Metadata Repository (CMR) team. The CMR system is a highly responsive system allowing for sub-second response queries across hundreds of millions of data records. It responds to over
2 million queries each week from around the world.
The CMR has recently been migrated to the NASA-Compliant General Application Platform (NGAP), which is an AWS-based platform as a service enforcing NASA security policies. Now that the CMR is being operated in NGAP, the team is in search of a cloud engineer
• Optimize CMR’s configuration to reduce costs and improve performance and reliability, including recommending new AWS services which may be useful to the CMR
• Automate and standardize CMR services, deployments, and configurations to ensure they can be re-used by other NGAP components
• Monitor CMR services to ensure they continue to meet performance and reliability goals
• Analyze operational degradations and outages in order to restore functionality
EED is committed to using agile development practices and a devops approach on its high performing teams. As such, engineers are expected to be self-starters and participate in all aspects of the system development lifecycle, from user story generation, through
design, development, automated testing and operational support. Additionally, engineers are encouraged to regularly suggest improvements to EED processes and tools in order to make our products better and our work more efficient.
||• In-depth knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 3-5 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment. Preferably using AWS.
• 3+ years of programming experience in Java, Ruby on Rails or Clojure, particularly within an Agile development environment.
• Ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations.
• Experience with high availability of cloud infrastructures, data replication, and real-time recovery in failure situations
• Experience with the Linux OS and server side scripting languages.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
• Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable with open communications and varied collaboration tools.
1. Experience with Docker.
2. Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
3. Experience with CI (continuous integration)/CD (continuous deployment) tools, such as Bamboo
4. Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend