||Database System Specialist
||INNOVIM, LLC, providing support to NASA and NOAA data systems, is seeking a Database Management Specialist to evaluate, recommend and carry out a postgres SQL database replication. This short term opportunity will begin immediately with the expectation
of having the solution ready for Ground-Readiness Testing by January 30.
The candidate will be a team member supporting the Instrument Support Facility supporting pending NASA missions.
This work would be conducted under the Geophysics, Geodynamics and Space Geodesy (GGSG) contract. Some of the skills expected are as follows:
· Database server installation
· Understanding of how to set up database replication
· Understanding database backups
· Database maintenance & optimization (e.g. vacuuming)
· Database performance tuning
· Good documentation skills
This position directly services a wide range of users, including astrophysicists, engineers, programmers, etc. on an equally wide range of platforms.
||- Knowledge of PostgresSQL
- experience creating a real-time replicated database of the primary
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Must be a US citizen
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend