||Software Engineer - Next Gen
||INNOVIM, LLC is seeking a Software Engineer for work on a team where you will participate in the design and development of the next generation of applications for the NASA EED program, migrating applications to the ESDIS Cloud offering
EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. It provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs.
EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing for satellite systems. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
The cloud developer will ensure compliance to various program/project and NASA standards and requirements as well as the legal requirements of (SEC-508) in addition to industry best practices and assets.
||1. Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 3-5 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
2. In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
3. 3-5 years of programming experience in C++, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment.
4. Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
5. Experience in designing and implementing, and supporting infrastructures and operations. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
7. Energetic, self-motivated, team player that is comfortable using collaboration and open communications.
1. Experience with the UNIX OS and server side scripting languages.
2. Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
INNOVIM is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend