||INNOVIM, LLC, providing support to NASA and NOAA data systems, is seeking a Scientific Software Developer with experience in Fortran to work on site at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The candidate will be a team member supporting the NASA/GSFC's Astrophysics
Science Division which supports a broad program of research in astronomy, astrophysics and fundamental physics.
Specific duties of this position include: software development and support for calibrating and analyzing data from space instruments, writing/editing technical documentation and user guides, as well as assisting with user support.
Also included are development and testing of software for pipeline processing, data ingest, and archiving.
||• BS or higher in Astrophysics, Astronomy, or Physics
• C/C++, Perl, and shell scripting in UNIX/Linux/Mac OSX context
• Technical Writing experience
• Familiarity with Fortran and Python
• Experience w/ scientific software packages (e.g. FTOOLS) and FITS data format
• Experience in developing portable/multi-platform software
• Some experience in analyzing astronomical data•
Must be a U.S. Citizen oe green card holder
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
INNOVIM offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.
INNOVIM does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of INNOVIM and INNOVIM will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend